Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Everyone contributed to making me"

Thanks to '70s Week, I finally got around to finding a clip of Rishi getting the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008.

I hadn't realized it was Ranbir (or Rocket "Crazy Legs" Singh, as he's known around here) who presented it to his dad...sniff. The standing ovation makes me a little teary-eyed, especially considering how proud Neetu looks of him. Then Dimple calls Neetu on stage, and Rishi thanks her at length: "Most of this actually belongs to you." Double sniff.

I'm not sure why people are accompanied by the Indiana Jones theme, though. At first I thought it was somehow for Ranbir's benefit, but Dimple gets it too. I know I've heard some musical cues at the Oscars that are almost as nonsensical, so I'll keep my ears peeled this year, just to give equal critique.

I also rustled around and came up with an address:
Rishi Kapoor
27 Krishna Raj, Pali Hill
Bandra, Mumbai 400 050

But what would I say? I haven't written a fan letter since Junior High. Although I did actually get back a lovely signed photo of Carrie Fisher. So, nothing ventured?

1 comment:

ajnabi said...

If you sent him the following blog post, I think he'd think Diwali came early. :-)