Friday, October 12, 2007

Trainspotting goes all cyber on us

Now that I'm a stranger to the town where I grew up (well, to be fair, I was always was), I attempt to keep in touch with it in little ways. I have the local paper in my Google Reader; I've been doing a little research on the kidnapping case and other historical news events; and last night I plunked the town's name into YouTube.

I don't know why this seems so wacky to me, but it does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRZMc2Kq-Q&mode=related&search=
Yes, people film the trains that go by in small towns. They ID the types of the cars, and then post the videos to the Internet. The main poster I found here seems to travel around the country, filming trains. I'm not sure how you'd get into such a thing. But I'm always glad to find other people's peculiar interests, even if I can't fathom where these interests would come from.

Unless you were looking for grafitti trains, which would make perfect sense...

No comments: