Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday feels like Tuesday

I never really know what exactly I mean when a day doesn't feel like itself. What does a Tuesday actually feel like? Yet somehow, it makes perfect sense to me.

Some kitties were particularly rambunctious last night, so I'm in a heavy groggy-eyed half-asleep kind of awake. My favorite part was when Charlie tracked down the little toy ball filled with the rattly seed things, hopped up on the bed with it in his mouth, and settled down to bat it between his paws. When I sat up to look at him, his body language was all contentment, with an expression on his face that said "get the hell up already." It was very cute, but unfortunately, nowhere near the time to get up. But here I am, bravely facing the day.

Not so bravely facing my Google Reader though. Some days the news contains more idiocy than I can stand. I did get a chuckle, though, out of the story at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080111/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/fbi_unpaid_phone_bills,
about how the FBI is losing crucial evidence gathered in wiretapping operations because of their unpaid phone bills. "More than half of 990 bills to pay for telecommunication surveillance in five unidentified FBI field offices were not paid on time, the report shows."

990 bills! Oh, you crazy FBI. I was a college student once, too. But I learned from experience. Sometimes you can only push your luck so far. That's my fortune cookie wisdom of the day.

No comments: