Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy October to Me!

It's my wedding anniversary and the name of my blog, so I'm celebrating with coffee ice cream full of fudgy espresso beans! Because it's always good to stay up late once it's nice and dark and autumnal outside.

This morning before work I did a quick reading with the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, and drew, I think for the first time, Papa Legba: roads opened, obstacles removed.  Depicted in the card specifically as a storyteller. I'm going out on a limb and calling that a good omen.

Then I changed my calendar at work, a souvenir from the Balaji Temple, which I toured with Sita-ji from the Bollywood Food Club (hey, if you'd done it, you'd namedrop too), and the new picture had two -- count 'em, two! -- different versions of Durga, each astride a beautiful lion. So nobody had better mess with my cubbyhole, boyo!

And with that, my honey walked in the door, so it's time to celebrate another year of year-round spookiness and general oddity.

My song for the day:  


 

No comments: