Monday, March 2, 2009

Home of the Space Paranoids

One might think that nobody goes bowling "in this day and age," but you would be wrong. My friends, heed my advice: call ahead and reserve your lanes.

So that was my Sunday: I broke 100 (hit 108, thank you very much!), possibly an all-time bowling record, so I have nowhere to go but down. Fortunately, that's fine with me.

Then we watched Tron, which I haven't seen in years. The plot is pretty slight, but I was amused at how it predated the Terminator and Matrix movies in some of its themes (there's even a videogame called Matrix Blasters). When the little people were fighting inside the computer (and is that happening now, whilst I type? Eeee!), I kept thinking, "Do you think that's air you're breathing?"

Also, what would have been more awesome than having a cool bachelor pad above your own rocking video arcade? Too bad I didn't get to see this movie in 1982, when I would have really appreciated it.

Saturday I was home alone, after a long week, and realized that my habits have shifted. In my previous life, it was not uncommon on a lazy Saturday night home to have a few glasses of wine and dig out particular songs from CDs I hadn't listened to in a while...the behavior Bridget Jones describes as turning into "a drunk, DJ-style person."

Now, I find myself having the few glasses of wine and watching my favorite picturizations. On that note, I have decided that Shah Rukh Khan really needs to wear leather pants in all his movies. He's already kind of skinny, so leather pants make him Rock Star Skinny!

No comments: