Wednesday, September 5, 2007

If I wasn't so hopeless in the kitchen, I'd consider it an omen

Weird dreams last night. I was traveling to a small town, I think one that I've dreamed about before, but I don't think it actually exists. My impression is that it's a composite town. There's kind of a little river running through it and a small park, near the edge of town, but closer to a "downtown" that's always a little bit too bustling with activity. That's one of the tip-offs that it's a dream.

So I was in that general area and a little girl was standing in the doorway of a shop, wearing a black cat Halloween costume. She seemed to recognize me, and beckoned me across the street. I went across to her store, and it was an enormous (but Wonka-less) chocolate shop. Another of those ways I knew it was a dream: it was about ten at night, and the store was full of people.

Anyway, I went around tasting and sampling things, each one more melt-in-the-mouthy than the last, and I thought to myself, this is what I should do with my life. I should learn to make chocolates, or work in a candy shop. Because everybody likes candy. People would come in, eat sweet, yummy things, and they'd always be happy to see you.

If I see a "help wanted" sign in the window of the fancy pastry shop on my way to work today, I won't be held accountable for the consequences.

No comments: