Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Looking Through the Window

Because I don't have nearly enough to do, between prepping cemetery research and recording an audiobook ... I've signed up for a few online classes from Oxford's Hindu Studies Online. They aren't worth college credit or anything, but are just for general interest. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Quick quote: "Some Hindus will say that all deities are aspects of an impersonal absolute and that deities of mythology and the icons in temples are windows into this ultimate reality" (Gavin Flood, An Introduction to Hinduism, p. 14). That phrase, "windows into this ultimate reality," seems like it might be helpful to me to explain how I feel about some things. I don't know what that ultimate reality is, but maybe we can peek into it.

No comments: