Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Biblioholism still in full force

You all know I don't believe in sneaking ads into bloggage, and that the Anarchivist's praise can't be bought...but I complain so much about the modern technology that it's only fair to credit where credit's etcetera.

In the last few months, I've done a lot of business with Nataraj Books, who specialize in books from and about South Asia. Normally I go through Amazon, but here's their direct site: https://www.natarajbooks.com/main.aspx.

After Slumdog Millionaire on Friday night, our friends at Deewani for Bollywood mentioned the existence of a book called The Kapoors: The First Family of Indian Cinema. I looked into this on Saturday, and the handy "people who bought this also bought that" alerted me to another book that Nataraj also had in stock: Helen: The Life and Times of an H-Bomb.

Resolutions (and shelf space) be damned. I had to buy them, so I put in the order on Saturday, and they were in my mailbox, in North Dakota, early Monday afternoon. Two full days before Amazon's estimate that they'd even be shipped!

This kind of service doesn't bode well for the state of my apartment, which is already a-burst.

I was especially glad that they threw in another Lakshmi wallet-calendar, which is good, since I used the last one as a bookmark, and it disappeared, as my bookmarks always do.

No comments: