Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lost in the Supermarket, without the Clash

I was at the Express Counter at the grocery store yesterday with my parents, waiting while some hapless customer counted out stacks of pennies, trying to find a pack of cigarettes he could still afford in this day and age. I looked at the items I had sitting on the counter, and suddenly felt like I was in a woman's magazine quiz on "What the contents of your shopping cart say about YOU."

My purchases: a travel-sized tube of toothpaste. A bag of Olde Englishe Salt and Vinegar potato chips. A glass candle with an illustration of Our Lady de San Juan de Los Lagos (attentive readers will remember her as the Virgin On My Porch; I've never seen a votive of hers in town before, so I'm taking that as a very good omen). And a pair of Maxell headphones.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that anyone judging me based on these items would be pretty accurate in their assessment.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love playing that game. It's even more fun when you find the dropped shopping list on the ground and get to imagine the appearance of the person from their intended purchases.