Thursday, January 24, 2008

Shudder to think

Last night we watched a classic Doctor Who episode ("Inferno") with that old "Mirror Mirror" Star Trek premise, the parallel universe. This being British, the alternate versions of the regular characters were more overtly fascistic than just savage. (I read Jessica Mitford's Hons and Rebels at an early age, so I picked up more info about Oswald Mosely and pro-Hitler Britain than one tends to hear on the street).

Midway through the story, I said, "I shudder to think about all the alternate universe Anarchivists." Obviously I'm doing fairly okay in my life, so with all the stupid mistakes I've made, I could have made way stupider ones, and I don't want to see them acted out. Deep down, I kind of think that this is as good as I can get. Maybe I just don't want to imagine all the rich, successful mes, who would prove that this particular me has just mucked it up for this timeline.

I did notice that, just like in Star Trek, the babes in the "bad" universe had much hotter boots than those in the "good." So maybe that's proof that I'm really in the "bad" universe. 'Cause I have some pretty great boots.

No comments: