Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I resolve to accept my obscurity

Yeah, right.

Well, now we've got 2008 to deal with.

Spent the Eve in an appropriate way: movie marathon! I'm excited by the Bollywood Macbeth I just picked up, but I didn't inflict that on our guests. Maybe next time. Instead, we started with Back to the Future, which segued into Terminator 2, which transitioned logically into RoboCop. So now my New Year's Resolution is to get into better shape, in order to face the impending apocalypse.

You know, the usual.

A lot of people I know have done year-in-review blogs, all of which have been very thoughtful, and many of which have made me think, so what have I accomplished with my year? Reading, writing, watching movies, petting kitties, hanging at the dive bar, and, of course, that major eater-upper of time, working. Pretty much the same as the year before. Maybe I've hit the Groundhog Day years.

It's been a good year, though, all things considered. No major horrible upheavals for me. Maybe I needed to regroup after that outburst of crazed topsy-turviness in my life. Nothing wrong with kicking back. And I'm still making some progress on some things. Let's say, I'm working on understanding that slow-and-steady-wins-the-race concept.

So, if you'll excuse me, I've got some coffee to drink and some movies to watch...

No comments: