Monday, July 2, 2007

A Day So Nice I Blogged It Twice

Somebody got talking to me about palindromes, as people will, and that led to pointless personal revelation number...um, sorry, lost count.

I have realized that I don't always have to be right, even though I do. I mean, as long as I know I'm right, then I'm fine with letting it go and not making a deal out of it. Utilizing the example at hand: we were trading famous palindromes and the other chit-chatterer mentioned "A man, a plan, Panama."

"A man, a plan, a canal, Panama," I added.

"No, it's just 'a man, a plan, Panama,' " they said.

I had my ever-present notebook with me, so I furtively jotted it down, just to doublecheck that my mental picture was correct. It was; I was right. Not that it makes any difference to anybody. But sometimes I feel like I do have to be right too much of the time. So I was glad to see that I didn't throw my proof down and demand, "Acknowledge that I am smarter than you, o puny human!"

No comments: